Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Four (or five?) Ages

The ages of my life go pretty much backwards.  I was a little heathen demon child who was hateful and greedy and violent and stole things, so it was at my youngest that I represented the "Iron Age."  This lasted for a very long time.

During High School, I underwent serious life changes, and for a short time in and then out of High School, I was actually a kind, caring and courageous human being.  This was my Heroic Age.  I then suffered some reverses in my life, which made me angry, and started playing football seriously.  I was generous with my time and money (not impious), but still warlike and violent.  I used football and weight-lifting, and physical labor to contain these violent impulses.  This was my Bronze age.

Then I suffered a serious injury at work (undone by my recklessness?) and came back to college to study.  This was my Silver age.  I was not particularly concerned with my others (was not worshipping the Gods), but I was no longer engaging in violent past-times (was not warlike).  Finally, I have continued my education and am beginning to give back to others.  Through this, I hope to enter my Golden Age.

No comments:

Post a Comment